5. Worst infographic this week: @ tweeted serve statistics for the Stanford tournament currently playing quarterfinal matches. Using SAP, the information is valid, but the graphic is poorly designed. The serving stats are haphazardly placed forcing the viewer to search for their order as if playing a children’s game. If this were organized differently, we could learn a little more. i.e. aces, 1st vs 2nd serve, placement, season serve stats vs. this tournament, etc…
4. Coaching carousel time again. Marin Cilic and Goran Ivanisevic; Victoria Azarenka and Sascha Bajin (hitting Partner) are all going their separate ways. Expect to see a few more coaching changes on the WTA and ATP.
3. Victoria Azarenka has announced that she and her boyfriend are pregnant. She cites Kim Clisters and others as models of how she plans to return after she becomes a mother.
2. Caroline Wozniacki withdrew from Coupe Rogers with a left bicep tear after she was unable to complete her Stanford match against Sam Stosur.
1. Sport stars are shaming tennis and tennis players. Carmelo Anthony initiated the trend with his full-page ad in the NY Daily News. Dwayne Wade, Lebron James and others wretched up the stakes with their speech at the Espy, and now the WNBA have shown their support the Black Lives Matter Movement. Why would the league fine its players for social protest? This is something I would not be surprised to see in tennis. It would be monumental if the most global sport also took a stand on domestic and international violence and terrorism!
Bonus: We are still waiting for the Sharapova decision, the IOC is finding more positives from the 2008 and 2012 Olympics retests and the Brazil Olympics is only weeks away, August 5th.