- Serena Williams return, fitness, protected ranking vs. seeding.
- Post La Decima Nadal is favored to win.
- Federer’s Clay season absence.
- No on-court coaching; 5 Sets on-going debate.
- Toughest vs easiest draws for ATP (Nadal and WTA (Muguraza/Halep).
- Players to watch ATP (Thiem, Sasha, Wawrinka, Cilic); WTA (Halep, Serena, Svitolina, Kvitova).
- Most anticipated match: Serena/Sharapova
- Thiem’s scheduling. He played and won Lyon today.
- Doubles: Serena/Venus, Mike Bryan/Sam Querrey. Sock/Kyriogios.
- Lleyton Hewitt playing doubles challengers and expected to play with Nick kyrios at Queens, Wimbledon warm-up tournament.
- Growing on-court tantrums and misdeeds: Wozniacki, Pliskova…
- Thirty-seven year old Francesca Schiavone won a qualifier spot.
- Radek Stepanek and Nicole Vaidišová second marriage.
- Ilie Nastase two arrests involving alcohol.
- Another active tennis player will announce her pregnancy during the tournament.
- Who has the best outfit? I can’t wait to see them all…
Month: May 2018
The Dirt Strikes Again!
The dirt has wiped-out top seed after top seed at the Internazionali BNL d’Italia (Rome-WTA). The clay surface, red-green-blue, is the most demanding physically and mentally. Whether the clay is slower (red) or faster (green) it requires more sliding, running, technique and point construction. Americans notoriously … Continue reading The Dirt Strikes Again!
The Most Anticipated Match in Rome…
The media are rubbing their hands in anticipation of another Nadal/Djokovic clay showdown. If Nadal can get by Fognini and Djokovic, Nishikori in the quarterfinals, the media and many fans will be as giddy as pigs in shit or college students at happy hour. This would be their first match since last year’s Madrid Masters Semifinal, which Nadal won 6-2, 6-4.
Djokovic’s winning H2H 26/24 is no match for Nadal’s clay dominance. Also, his slow return from his elbow injury only support another clay win for Nadal.
The narratives for the French Open are being written! We can now forget about Nadal’s lost to Thiem in Madrid’s quarterfinal 5-7, 3-6.
What a Week for Doubles Tennis!
Tennis is usually thought of in the media as singles, ATP play. Yet doubles, mixed-women or men, is the more popular sport played by non-professionals. Though not seen as often on TV, ESPN-Tennis Channel-BEING, it is by far the most entertaining tennis you can watch. … Continue reading What a Week for Doubles Tennis!